Friday, January 18, 2013

Fun Friday: Closed Kitchen

   I had an epiphany today. With my kids, I am always in one of two states. I am either frazzled, with too much to do as my kids are screaming or being naughty, or I am calm and content, with things under control, or at least able to effectively handle the moment.
   In the first scenario, basically all I can accomplish is damage control. In the second scenario, when I am at peace, I can love my husband and kiddos SO much more, and I can teach and play and my time is better spent and remembered.
   So, how do I get into that state of calm? One way is "closed kitchen" nights. I make a special effort to get the kitchen clean before hubby gets home. Then, dinner is something with little clean-up. Tonight it's sandwiches on paper plates, but like to order pizza too. Then, my focus is 100% on my family.  **And the little clean-up there is to do can be handled by Alan. That's a win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment