Friday, January 25, 2013

Special Saturday: Ambition Opportunity

kitten-on-white
    Some of my greatest memories growing up involve animals. I desperately wanted to be a veterinarian, and absolutely adored anything with fur. I would learn as much as I could about them, and hands-on learning was the very best! (Unfortunately, college Biology got the better of me, although I still cuddle any cute creature I can get my hands on.)
   Why not take the aspirations of your children, and use Saturday mornings to discover more about them? This combines service, learning, and family-together time perfectly!
    A child who wants to be a veterinarian would love volunteering at an animal shelter. For a child interested in cooking, there are lots of restaurants that offer demos in their kitchen, and even free food. Maybe you have a factory in your city that gives tours to kids interested in seeing how things work. Remember that your opinion and interests count too! I just might talk the fam into going down and touring the Boulder Icecream Company!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment